CRESTVIEW, Fla., May 8, 2018–The Crestview Police Department will host an open house May 10 from 5:30-7 p.m at Warrior’s Hall in the Whitehurst Municipal Building on Stillwell Boulevard.
The event, which is also the Crestview Area Chamber of Commerce’s monthly Business After Hours social, will be an overview of the community police force’s various crime-fighting departments.
Attendees at the free, family friendly, interactive event will be afforded the opportunity to:
• Meet officers and learn what they do
• Pet K9s
• Sit inside a police car
• Check out weapons and equipment
• Learn how crime scenes are processed
• Discover how much weight a patrol officer carries on his or her belt
• Check out the Police Department’s patriotically painted parade Humvee
• Explore the SWAT team’s rescue vehicle — and possibly take a ride
Parents can have their children fingerprinted for safety and learn about the summer Police Youth Academy.
Demonstrations by the K9 Division, SWAT team and FAA-licensed drone operators will showcase many of the ways the Police Department keeps the community safe and defeats criminals.
Light refreshments will be provided, and for those who are inspired by what they see, information about a career as a Crestview Police officer will be available.
Support organizations including the Crestview Citizens Police Academy Alumni and the Ladies of Law Enforcement spouses group will also be on hand.
Crestview Police Department release