OKALOOSA COUNTY, Fla., Aug. 17, 2020–Okaloosa County has received a distribution of $704,037 in Coronavirus Relief Funds from Florida Housing Finance Corporation.
Residents impacted by the coronavirus who have experienced unemployment or reduced hours are eligible to receive:
- Rent payments not to exceed 10 months, from March 1 to Dec. 30. Assistance can include late payments, late fees and charges, and future rent payments to prevent eviction.
- Housing re-entry assistance, such as security deposits and utility deposits
- Mortgage payments not to exceed 10 months, from March 1 to Dec. 30. Payments may include late payments, late fees and other related fees to prevent foreclosure.
- Utility payments that include water, electricity, gas, internet, including late payments and late fees and charges to prevent a discontinuation of essential services.
Applications are being accepted now, submitted by mail, dropped off or emailed.
The application ends Dec. 1 or when all funds are expended, whichever happens first.
Mail or drop off applications at:
Okaloosa County Department of Growth Management
Attention: Housing Division
1250 N. Eglin Pkwy, Ste 301
Shalimar, FL 32579
Or email: Housing@myokaloosa.com
For questions, additional information or reasonable accommodation requests, contact Housing staff at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Abigail Santiago, Housing Specialist
- Abra McGill, Grant and Housing Programs Coordinator