HOLT, Fla., Jan. 18, 2021—Holt Fire District responded to a home fire Sunday evening on Summertime Drive just after 10 p.m.
A mobile home caught fire due to an apparent accident with a space heater.
No one was hurt during the fire, but two pets, a mama bulldog and her pup, died from smoke inhalation.
The home was a total loss.
Holt Fire District, first on the scene with two tanker engines, found a mobile home fully engulfed in flames.
Crestview Fire Department and Baker and Harold Fire Districts, along with Okaloosa County EMS and an Okaloosa County Sheriff’s deputy, responded to the fire.
Set back off Summertime Drive, water used to extinguish the flames was pumped from the responding tanker engines rather than a hydrant.
Once the main fire was extinguished, firefighters pried an outer shell off the trailer and cut through the siding to continue to pump water onto smoldering embers.
By midnight, all that was left of the home was a smoking shell.
One thought on “Fire destroys home in Holt”
This was my home. I thank those responding from the bottom of my heart. You all went above and beyond you are true heroes
LikeLiked by 1 person