HOLT, Fla., July 29, 2021—The National Weather Service in Mobile has issued an excessive heat warning for northwest Florida from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. tomorrow.
Dangerous heat indices approaching 110 to 115 degrees are forecast. A heat warning is in effect until 10 a.m. tomorrow.
A high of 95 and a heat index value up to 109 degrees is forecasts for today with 98 degrees and a heat index of 111 for tomorrow.
Additionally, an excessive heat watch is in effect from tomorrow evening through Saturday evening.
Although the hottest times will be in the afternoon, morning heat indices will still be in excess of 100 degrees, according to the NWS.
Very warm temperatures and high humidity will persist through tonight. Nighttime temperatures will remain hot, allowing for prolonged heat stress.
Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. In a heat stroke emergency, call 911.
Beat the heat
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Stay in an air-conditioned room
- Stay out of the sun
- Check up on relatives and neighbors
If working outside
- Reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening
- Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke
- Wear lightweight and loose fitting clothing when possible
- Schedule frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments
National Weather Service Mobile forecast