Winter weather, cold temps on tap

HOLT, Fla., Jan. 19, 2021–Areas to the north and west could see wintry conditions as a cold front approaches tomorrow.

The National Weather Service in Mobile has adjusted the Level 2 winter weather forecast area to the southeast of Interstate 65 along a Fairhope-Brewton-Andalusia line.

However, freezing rain still is not in the northwest Florida forecast.

Tonight’s 20 percent rain chance increases to 80 percent tomorrow with showers and possible thunderstorms ahead of the cold front.

Tonight’s low of 55 degrees will creep into the low-to-mid 60s tomorrow morning before falling through the day to a low of 34 tomorrow night. High on Friday is forecast for the low 40s.

Tomorrow is expected to be breezy with 5 to 10 mph winds shifting from south to north with gusts up to 20 mph.

While there’s 50-50 chance for showers Friday, Saturday is forecast to be mostly sunny with a high in the high 40s. Low Saturday night is a frigid 26 degrees with a hard freeze warning likely by the NWS.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s