Irma wind, rain forecast for today

Windadvisory11.png

HOLT, Fla., Sept. 11, 2017–Winds and rain are in the forecast today as now-Tropical Storm Irma makes it way across the Florida panhandle into Georgia.

Irma will track northwest through Florida today and across central Alabama tonight and Tuesday.

Okaloosa county is under a wind advisory through 7 p.m. today.

According to the National Weather Service, winds will ramp up across the area in response to Irma’s expanding wind field.

Winds of 25-to-35 mph are expected with frequent gusts to around 40 mph across the wind advisory area, especially over south-central Alabama counties.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, area bridges could close if sustained winds become too strong.

Rain

Additionally, locally heavy rain is possible over portions of the northwest Florida panhandle and south central Alabama as Irma tracks northwest toward northeast Alabama.

Rainfall of 1-to-3 inches with localized higher amounts will be possible northeast of a Camden to Andalusia line with an elevated risk of flooding today.

Holt and the surrounding area have an 80 percent chance of rain today, dropping to 20 percent tonight with a cool 59 degrees.

 

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s