FORT WALTON BEACH, Fla., May 30, 2018–Fort Walton Beach police found not only a missing juvenile but drug trafficking operations as well.
Based on information from a tip, detectives and officers from the Fort Walton Beach Police Department responded to the Dolphin Inn on Miracle Strip Parkway looking for a missing juvenile May 25.
While on scene, in addition to the missing juvenile, law enforcement officers also found marijuana and cocaine in plain view associated with seven other individuals.
All seven individuals were removed from the room and secured.
After obtaining consent from the room renter, detectives searched the room for further illegal items.
Other drug contraband found during the search includes:
- approximately 255.4 grams of marijuana
- 234 Xanax bars
- 108 oxycodone 30 mg pills
- 62 ecstasy pills
- approximately 16.4 grams of hashish
- five handguns
- one BB gun
- $1,865.11 in U.S. currency
- several items of paraphernalia for the packaging and distribution of narcotics.
Arrested at the scene were:
- Kenya William Worley, 21, of Fort Walton Beach charged with trafficking in oxycodone, possession of controlled substance with the intent to distribute and the sale of prescription pills
- Angel Galvez, 19, of Crestview charged with possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia
- Gerardo Hernandez-Soto, 15, of Destin charged with possession of a controlled substance with the intent to distribute and the sale of prescription pills.
This investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is asked to contact the Fort Walton Beach Police Department at 850-833-9546 or Emerald Coast Crime Stoppers at 850-863-TIPS, emeraldcoastcrimestoppers.com or by using the P3 Tips Mobile application.
Fort Walton Beach Police Department release