SHALIMAR, Fla., April 17, 2019—Local and federal law enforcement agencies worked together to clean house this month during Operation Spring Cleaning.
Seven men solicited who they thought was an underage girl for sex instead encountered Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office deputies when they showed up for the rendezvous.
An eighth individual thought he was going to be greeted by a 14-year-old boy.
- Pedro Aldana-Aldana, 43, of Gulfport, Mississippi, April 13
- Christian Troy Eberle, 26, of Fort Walton Beach, April 11
- Dakota Ray Ford, 22, of Mary Esther, April 12
- Robert Thomas Murphy, 79, of Mary Esther, April 15
- Sandor Spitzmuller, 27, of Destin, April 11
- Matthew Leigh Stevens, 22, Shalimar, April 13
- Robert Barry Watters, 63, of Fort Walton Beach, April 13
- Bryan Michael Weinstein, 26, of Fort Walton Beach, April 12
During Operation Spring Cleaning, an undercover deputy posed online as a 13- or 14-year-old girl, and in one case posed as a boy.
Eight people are accused of soliciting the “teen” for sex and arranging to meet at a predetermined location.
However, when they showed up, they learned the “teen” is actually a law enforcement officer.
They each now face multiple felony charges.
These arrests took place between April 11 and 15.
Charges include use of a computer to solicit a minor, traveling to meet a minor for sex and use of a two-way communication device to commit a felony.
Weinstein is also charged with possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, found in his front pants pocket. The 9 mm handgun had a chambered round at the time.
Ford has an additional charge of marijuana possession.
Aldana-Aldana is being held for U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement.
Law enforcement officers with the North Florida Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force conducted Operation Spring Cleaning.
Members from the Okaloosa, Walton and Escambia County Sheriff’s Offices participated along with the Department of Homeland Security Investigations.
Additional arrests are expected.
Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office news release