HOLT, Fla., May 17, 2020—Okaloosa County will begin mosquito spraying within the next couple of weeks.
The evening spray schedule will be initiated based on mosquito surveillance data and other factors.
Holt spraying is scheduled for Tuesdays and Wednesdays. See below for the north county schedule.
The county mosquito control program sprays for mosquitoes county-wide except for federal and state-owned land.
Mosquito spray trucks generally operate starting two hours before sunset and/or in the two hours after sunrise.
If surveillance activities indicate certain types of mosquitoes known to be disease vectors are active during other time periods, the county will respond appropriately.
North county schedule
- John Riley Barnhill Road to Escambia Farms, Vinson Ray Road
- Beaver Creek to North Baker
- Crestview: Rattlesnake Bluff and Little Silver Road, from Aplin Road south to Live Oak Church Road; U.S. 90 East from Shoal River to County Line Road and north to Poverty Creek Road
- East side of State Road 189 to State Raod 602; Four Flags area
- Holt and Baker South of U.S. 90
- Crestview: Aplin Road north to U.S. 90; Old Bethel Road past Sioux Circle, Old Antioch Road to U.S. 90 west of State Road 85
- Holt north of U.S. 90, Baker West of Galliver Cutoff, Laurel Hill to County Line, State Road 393 North, Steel Mill Road
- Crestview: Old Bethel Road to Airport Road, U.S. 90 from Fairchild Road to State Road 85, north to Airport Road
- Poverty Creek Road, State Road 393 to Campton,
- Baker from Galliver Cutoff to Old River Road,
- Crestview: Lake Silver Road to Airport Road to Auburn area
Okaloosa County news release